Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Trying New Things

I've never been one to really break out of my comfort zone. I'm definitely a creature of habit and enjoy my routine. But every once in a while, the urge to try something different sneaks in, and I can't relax until I've committed myself to it.
A few years ago it was a belly dancing class. Talk about an abs workout. Then last year it was joining the company slo-pitch league. It was so much fun even though I ended the season with many scrapes and bruises. And now (drum roll please...........) I've signed up for skiing lessons. It's been about 20 years since my last attempt and now I'm ready to give it another go. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck Stacy! My first experience on the slopes was my last. I am like you trying different things. Last time it was crossfit, but now I want to try Zumba. I love to dance so it woont feel like working out I hope!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds fun! Here in Utah, the Park City resort is offering 3 hour lessons including equipment for only $25 this winter! But ONLY if it's your first time skiing or snowboarding.I signed up my kids, but I think you just motivated me to sign up myself!

    ReplyDelete