Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Making time

Well, it’s official, I’m a genius. I single handedly figured out the key to getting to the gym and not skipping an evening workout. Are you sitting down? Because it’s earth shattering. If I want to hit the gym after work, I change into my gym clothes before I leave the office. That way, once I’m on the road, I just have to get to the gym. Okay okay, so maybe I built it up a little too much. But last week, when things were super crazy in the office, I didn’t have an extra little kick to make sure I got to the gym. Sometimes I feel like getting changed into my gear is half the battle. But let’s just say it’s working for now, and I’m making time for the gym!

4 comments:

  1. Great tip, Stacy! I tried this tactic last night when it was cold and dark and I just wanted to go home. Once I was in my gear though, I had no problem hitting the gym. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to go straight to the gym after work but I have two children that I need to pick up from day care. I don't want to take them to the day care at the gym after already being in day care for the full work day.

    I would like to exercise at the gym in the morning but my gym opens at 9am and I have to be at work before that time. I already signed up for a three year membership at this gym or else I'd go to another gym that opens earlier.

    I should get up in the morning and exercise at home. I just feel so tired and want to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome tip, Stacy! I sort of do the same thing when I work out in the morning - I set all of my gym clothes out the night before as well as pack my work clothes for the next day so that there's no excuse to dawdle in the morning. Heck, sometimes I even wear my sports bra and shorts to bed - my husband is one lucky man. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's last minute holiday shopping time and I am going to wear my gym clothes to the mall so I can get a couple of laps in first. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete