Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring has sprung

Is it just me, or does the gym seem super packed recently? Ordinarily January is the "busy" time, when people want to get in shape for the new year. But now I'm thinking April just might be the start of the fitness year.
Our company gym is so packed at lunch time I'm using it only for leg day now, and using my home town gym after work for everything else.
But it's nice to shake up my routine once in a while, and I tell you, when I work out after work, I sleep like a baby that night.
What's your favourite time of day to work out and why?

3 comments:

  1. I like to work out in the morning because it gives me energy for the day, no time for excuses on why not to go, and everything I want is uaually available. I get frustrated when I have to go with the after work crowd because the gym is too packed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a mid-day girl. I really like the mornings best, but I train clients from 5am - 11am. Then I workout while my energy is high so I can kill it!

    I spend less time at a higher intensity since I changed it to mid-day and I'm seeing great results because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely the morning. Right now I am on maternity leave, so it happens when my baby takes his morning nap and my three year old is often my 'trainer'. If she sees me resting too long between sets, she pipes in with 'Mom, you are supposed to be exercising'. When I am at work, I definitely do the really early morning thing, as it is the only time of day that doesn't take away from the precious few hours with my children or from doing things like packing lunches, laundry etc.

    ReplyDelete