Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Morning Workouts-Help!

What time of day do you workout? I've always preferred lunch time or right after work, but lately I find these times just aren't working for me anymore. For the past week or so I've been entertaining the idea of early morning workouts. I'm totally a morning person, but for some reason have never been motivated to get myself to the gym that early. But now I see the appeal of getting my workout out of the way and having the rest of the day free. Plus, I've heard morning workouts give you a little extra energy kick throughout the day.
So tell me this, for those of you who do manage to get up before 6am and head to the gym, what's your secret? When your alarm goes off Monday morning, especially when it's pouring rain, how do you drag your butt to the gym. Any and all suggestions are welcome!

2 comments:

  1. I think morning workouts are going to have to be the way to go for me too... at least on weekdays. I've got my alarm set for 6 am tomorrow, do you need a wake up call? *lol*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a nerd - I absolutely love waking up early to squeeze in a good workout. Getting my cardio and strength training in before 7:30 in the morning means no excuses later in the day - and I find that if I do smash the snooze alarm one too many times (aka. sleeping in), my day is just . . . well . . . off! It's truly addictive, Stacy - feel free to tag along with me one day if you like! ;)

    ReplyDelete