Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A new hobby

Yesterday I treated myself to a day off from work. I knew in advance my weekend would be a busy one—my sister and I threw a surprise 40th anniversary party for our parents, so I thought no time like the present to use up a vacation day. The weather couldn't have cooperated any better, so instead of lazing around like I originally intended,  I spent the morning tending to my front lawn.
I'm ashamed to say, last year my lawn was neglected and unfortunately the weeds and dandelions didn't magically disappear under the weight of the winter snow like I had hoped. So this year I made a promise I would do my best to bring my lawn back to life.
With my new gardening gloves, dandelion picker and SPF loaded on, I was ready to go. And let me tell you, there is not much else more satisfying than pulling a weed, root and all, out of the ground. Excuse me while I get a little vulgar, but it's almost as good as tackling a stubborn pimple or ingrown hair.
Today my calves are a little achey, and I'm moving a little slower than usual, but I can't wait to get back out there and do some gardening. Next weekend, top soil and mulch!

No comments:

Post a Comment