Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just an observation

Sunday night I tuned in to the Golden Globes. Now due to my short attention span I only lasted until 9pm, but this gave me enough time to see (and judge) the evening's fashions. Much to my surprise, most of the big names on the red carpet opted or more forgiving gowns this time around. Flowy, breathable styles and fabrics seemed to be the hot look. Always glamorous, this year the Hollywood beauties seemed a little more conservative and comfortable.  I was completely in support of this. Aside from Claire Danes, I don't think there was a pair of Spanx in site.
Is this the way fashion is going for the moment? Or perhaps like me, the celebs indulged a little too much during the holidays and haven't found their way back............Whatever their reasoning, I loved it! Should be interesting to see who kicks their fitness and clean eats into high gear in time for the Oscars.
A few of my favorites: Anne Hatheway, Sandra Bullock (although not crazy about the bangs) and Eva Longoria. Olivia Wilde looking stunning and I had a new found appreciation for her when she said something to the effect of loving her dress because she could eat whatever she wanted. I'm sorry to say Michelle Williams and Nicole Kidman topped my worst list.
How about you? Tell me who topped your best and worst list!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Stacy, glad to be a new follower.

    Sorry to say, I did not watch the Globes this year. I hate missing all the fashionista's on the red carpet, and it sounds like I missed alot.
    So, flowing fashion it is. Hmmmm, I'm not sure what to think about that. I have a few ideas though. LOL

    xoxo
    Roxie-Girl
    www.myinnerpinup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Halle Berry looked fit as always. Worst dressed: Christina Aguilera. http://www.stylelist.com/2011/01/16/golden-globes-fashion-best-and-worst-red-carpet-dresses/

    ReplyDelete