Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Wish me luck

I pride myself on the fact I rarely get sick. I joke to friends and family I have an immune system of steel. If memory serves I've only really been knocked out by the flu once in my adult life, and other than that I usually get a typical winter cold once a year. However, if I can make it to March, that will make it two years since my last cold.
People ask me what my secret is.  I credit it to two things: Getting lots of sleep and eating a ton of spinach. Monday to Thursday I easily get eight hours sleep each night and those same days I eat spinach twice a day, with lunch and dinner. Add to that plenty of clean eats and exercise, and I would say there's my formula.
Right now we're right in the middle of cold and flu season. Fingers crossed it bypasses me!

2 comments:

  1. I love your blog! How do you eat your spinach?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Niki. I just eat it raw in a salad. Pretty boring but super convenient.

    ReplyDelete