Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Power Foods

As some of you may know, I'm a creature of habit when it comes to my diet, particularly Monday through Friday, 6am-5pm. I eat the same breakfasts, lunches and snacks all week long. I can usually go for months on end eating the same thing and not get bored. (Dinners have to be a little more exciting though.) But recently I've added something new to my rotation. Shortly after Christmas I was lucky enough to receive a gift of grapefruit. I couldn't tell you the last time I had eaten a grapefruit. But I treated myself to one and now I'm hooked. I eat it alone as a snack, or along side a bowl of oatmeal. When I was a kid I would sprinkle it with sugar (tsk tsk), but as an adult I enjoy the tartness.
I'd love to know what foods have been reintroduced to your diet. Email me at skennedy@oxygenmag.com

3 comments:

  1. Those are my power foods to survive winter: pomegranates, blood oranges, lychees, kakis, brussels sprouts, leeks, radishes, hot chocolate (made with sugar free soy milk and cocoa), roasted barley tea: http://www.fitnesstreats.com/2011/01/10-power-foods-to-survive-winter-in.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stacy, I just wanted to say thanks for the posts. I always look forward to reading your tid bits when I get the latest oxygen magazine. You always give us the reader a glimpse in to your life and more often than not it always hits home! Keep up the great work :)

    Fanta

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comments ladies. Hot chocolate sounds pretty good right about now!

    ReplyDelete