Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Arnold Recap

It was exactly two weeks ago the staff at Robert Kennedy Publishing woke up to their alarms going off at the ungodly hour of 4am, to get to headquarters, pack up the bus, and head out on their seven hour voyage to Columbus, Ohio. And although we were tired, upon arrival the adrenalin kicks in, and we enjoy every second of it.
Every year the Arnold just gets better and better. I hate to toot my own horn (okay, I don't mind actually), but a lot of that has to do with the action at the Oxygen booth. Throughout the weekend there is always something to see or do. This year was non-stop demos, autographs and even dancing with a ton of the fitness models you see in the pages of Oxygen every month. As soon as doors opened we had a crowd at our booth, and a lineup a mile long to pose for a pic and have a quick chat with Jamie Eason. Same thing goes for Tosca over at the Eat Clean booth. These ladies have the time, patience and energy to give every single fan a memorable moment. At one point I gave myself a reality check. It was 5pm on Saturday, I was about to complain how tired I was and how sore my feet were, when suddenly I thought—Tosca has been at this all day, and she still looks fresh as a daisy. What do I have to complain about?!
A special thanks goes out to all the fitness gals who made the weekend so special. In no particular order: Rachel Davis, Chady Dunmore, Melissa Pittman, Lori Harder, Lindsay Messina, Monica Brant, Alicia Marie and Natalia Muntean. And who can forget Diana Chaloux and her abs!
Also a big thanks to my Oxygen girls. It makes me so happy to be able to share this exciting part of the industry with you. Di and Erin, you guys are veterans now and are pros at manning the booth. Rachel and Stacy Jarvis, it was so great to see the expressions on your faces as you realized what was in store for you. The Arnold is always something you have to see for yourself. You can never quite put it into words.
Below are a few fun pics from the weekend. Enjoy! 







5 comments:

  1. Thanks Sam! Most days I like them, but some days they are just a nuisance!
    I'm surprised you didn't catch my typo. My mom pointed it out to me! It's fixed now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun! Wish I could have been there. Hoping to attend next year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping to attend next year!! Thanks for sharing the pictures! Take care

    Laura

    ReplyDelete