Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Visit Oxygen at the Arnold!

This will be my fifth Arnold, and every year it gets better and better. Partly because it’s always like a big reunion, having all my fitness model friends in the same place at the same time. Every time I turn around, I’m bumping into someone I know. But with the craziness of the event, sometimes there’s just enough time for a quick hug and then off to Arnold related commitments.

Another aspect I love is scouting new talent. Thanks to last year’s Arnold, Melissa Pittman and Patty Zariello came into our lives. They just happened to come introduce themselves at the Oxygen booth, next thing you know, Patty is appearing in training routines in the magazine and Melissa is on the cover of our Abs special issue.

Last, and certainly not least, one of the highlights of the weekend is getting to meet the readers face to face. I get a chance to hear what they love about the magazine. Whether they’ve just started reading it or have been following us for years, all feedback is welcome and appreciated.

Stop by the Oxygen booth this year. You’ll get to see many of your favorite fitness models demonstrating their best training moves. And this year we’ve got something a little different. For just a few hours on Friday and Saturday you can pose in front of an Oxygen cover. Take a copy home with you, and in just a few weeks one will be emailed to you to share with your friends online.

People always ask me how they can become an Oxygen cover girl. Check out my interview with Jamie Eason to find out what it takes to get noticed! This is the weekend to do it!


1 comment:

  1. I'm not at the Arnold this weekend, but I am going to be doing competitions (my first actually, in April at Mohegan Sun in CT) and I hope to meet you guys!!

    ReplyDelete