Oxygen MagazineD's Editor-in-Chief Blog

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Feeling pretty good

I'm sure at some point in your life you've been told, "it's not about the numbers on the scale, it's how your clothes fit and how you feel about yourself". This week that revelation finally hit home for me. I had been avoiding weighing myself for the past few months, as I wasn't thrilled with my physique and felt like a "high" number would send me in a downward spiral. I actually have a scale in my office and am never even tempted to jump on there, even though my co-workers come by often for a weigh-in.
Recently I've had a few mornings where I've put my jeans on and thought, "hey, there was no struggle, those went on nice and easy", crediting my new cardio style for the progress.  So yesterday when one of my girlfriends came in to borrow the scale I thought, no time like the present.
Still with me?
Unfortunately the number was more than a few pounds away from where I hoped it would be. But the funny thing is, I was disappointed for a mere second. Instead, my mind shifted to those mornings when I felt good in my jeans, and all thoughts of weight and pounds went out the window. Now that spring has officially arrived, my goal is to keep surprising my physique with changes in my routine, feel good in my clothes, and who knows, maybe even get excited to put on a bikini in three months!

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you posted this because it weighs heavy on my brain at times [no pun intended]. I keep trying to remind myself I'm working really hard and can't gauge my progress by the numbers on the scale alone. I feel better, I have more energy, I am picking healthier foods and my clothing is becoming less and less tight. Thank you for this little reminder.

    ReplyDelete